Super-heat resistant polyimide film produced from
UBE's exclusive "BPDA (Biphenyl tetracarboxylic dianhydride)" monomers.
This formulation is unique to UBE and exhibits outstanding dimensional stability, low water absorption and very high chemical resistance.
Advantages of "UPILEX®"
Heat-resistant and functional Polyimide film derived from BPDA
In addition to the excellent properties of general polyimide resins (heat resistance, high mechanical properties and excellent electrical insulating properties), UBE's polyimide film "UPILEX®" has various advantages unique to our formulation.
- High heat resistance
- UPILEX S can be used in high-temperature processes just below 500°C.
This exceeds industry standard operating temperatures around 300°C.
- High mechanical properties
- Upilex has excellent wear resistance and toughness.
This allows use of thinner films in applications where strength is critical.
- Chemical resistance
- It has excellent chemical resistance to organic solvents, gasoline,
automotive oil, alkalis, acids etc..
- High-performance technology
- The industry leading surface uniformity and smoothness of Upilex
improves performance and adds value to your application.
UBE developed advanced film grades by customizing the base technology of the polyimide film surface, while maintaining the many advantages of the existing grade "UPILEX®-S".
"UPILEX®" is used globally by many customers, who all demand the exceptional performance we deliver.
Click below for detailed data for each grade
- Mechanical properties:
- High tensile strength and modulus.
Demonstrates outstanding mechanical characteristics
through a wide temperature range.
- Electrical properties:
- Excellent electrical characteristics over a wide range of temperatures and frequencies.
- Thermal properties:
- Outstanding heat resistance.
Excellent heat shrinkage and dimensional stability.
- Environmental resistance:
- Low water absorption and hygroscopic expansion.
- Chemical resistance:
- Insoluble in all organic solvents and resistant to
chemicals (acids and alkalis etc.).
- Smooth surface:
- Excellent surface smoothness allows fine pitch patterning.
- Molding processability:
- Elongation over 100%.Excellent moldability for
embossing due to better flexibility and lower
modulus than "UPILEX®-S".
- Environmental resistance:
- Molded articles have excellent heat resistance and
chemical resistance, so they are used in insulation
applications and in applications requiring
Enhanced thermal adhesion to metal
As base films for laminated multilayer FPC and two-layer CCL, they have superior heat bonding characteristics and physical properties.
Enhanced adhesion of
Low stiffness compared to "UPILEX®-S", with superior mechanical properties. Dimensional stability and chemical resistance are equal to "UPILEX®-S".
It is suitable for sputtering or plating process and has superior mechanical properties. Dimensional stability and chemical resistance are equal to "UPILEX®-S".
Applications of "UPILEX®"
UBE offers various grades of "UPILEX®" for use in a wide variety of applications.
- Various materials used
in circuit boards
- -Base film, cover film
- -Reinforcing plate
- Flexible display base
- The base film for flexible solar cells
- Thin devices
- -Various thin films
- The base material for
- Carrier film for
curable resin systems
- Release film for
heat press applications
- Speaker cone
- Embossing products
- Shield material
- Insulating member
- Film based wire harness
- Thermal resistant insulating film for heaters
- Protective film for metal moldings
- The base substrate of circuit board
- Interlayer insulating film in multilayer substrate
- Heat bonding film
between the structural member