Breakthrough Resin Technology for High Temperature Composite Fabrication by RTM
PETI-330 is our latest innovation, a newly developed resin for polymer matrix composites, such as RTM process.
PETI-330 high temperature resin has high Tg and good toughness.Moreover, PETI-330 presents good processability with very stable viscosity at 288 degrees.
PETI-330 can be used to mold differnt structural parts in aeronautics.
Developed and tested by NASA Advanced Materials and Processing Branch-Langley Research Center.
- PETI-330 is a new high temperature resin for Resin Transfer molding
- Significant improvements in both high and low temperature performance compared with traditional materials such as epoxies or bismaleimides.
- Superior combination of processability and mechanical properties compared with existing polyimides such as PMR-15.
(Licensed From the NASA Under US Patent 6,359,107)
- Major advancement in materials technology combining unprecedented processing characteristics with long term (1,000 hours) performance at 300°C
- The combination of easy processing for composite fabrication combined with high temperature performance and toughness is unprecedented
- Offers low (<10 Pa-sec, 288°C) and stable melt viscosity highly suited to RTM process
- Simple and efficient 1 hour full cure process
- High glass transition temperature 330°C / 626°F
- Solvent free (no volatiles)
- Non toxic
- Superior thermal performance to BMI
- Specifically designed for Aerospace applications
- Enables cost effective and affordable fabrication of high temperature composite structures for advanced aerospace applications
- Extending the range of possible applications
- Simplified cure process is highly suitable for mass production requirements
- Reduced fabrication time for components and assemblies
- Reduced mass & weight for high temperature structural applications (i.e. replace metallic parts and assemblies)
- Enables a more cost effective alternative to complex part ssembly
Melt Viscosity vs. Temperature Curve of PETI-330 (Stable Viscosity at 280°C
- Parallel Plate Rheometer conditions: Heating rate 4 °C/min (Hold at 280°C for 2 hr), Frequency : 100 rad/sec. Test specimen size: 2.54 cm diameter x 1.5 mm thickness
Viscosity : 1.8 ~ 3.0 Pa·s (280°C)
Tg (cured) : 333 °C
- Courtesy of Dr. John W. Connell at NASA LaRC